One of the largest organs in our body is our skin. It helps protect us from environmental factors, like the sun and dirt, and it also helps make a world of difference regarding how we look. Skincare can help keep skin looking younger by reducing wrinkles and also fight signs of aging. In today’s episode, we are joined by Germaine Bolds-Leftridge, the woman behind today’s multimillion-dollar black hair & beauty startups. Learn more about this profitable industry as you listen to HERStory on HotChat Minority Business Connections.
Germaine Bolds-Leftridge is the “Queen Midas” of multicultural beauty brands and the founder of GBL Sales, IKNOW Skincare & The Ubiquitous Women’s Expo. Whatever she touches turns to gold as she launches, sells, and represents products and brands in the retail marketplace as their premier beauty broker. She is a thirty-year veteran of the Black & Brown beauty space, turning brand founders into multi-millionaires via her company, GBL Sales, Inc., and The Ubiquitous Women’s Expo.
Now legendary brands such as Ambi Skincare, Annie International, Bronner Bros., CURLDAZE, Curls Dynasty, Kenya Moore Haircare, Makeup Bullet, Luster Products, Mielle Organics, ORS Haircare, Oyin Handmade, Renpure, Taliah Waajid, and Universal Beauty, just to name a few, have all gone gold with Germaine’s diligent sales & brand-building efforts. Germaine’s ideology is reflected in GBL Sales philosophy, “Every client deserves and will receive quality, professional, courteous service, without exception.” This sincere “can do” attitude has made her the success she is today.
Here’s What You’ll Get In This Episode
[00:18] Episode intro and a quick bio of today’s guest
[06:12] Her backstory in the beauty industry & how it has evolved in the last 30 years
[10:34] Why the beauty business “chose her.”
[14:36] From a merchandiser to a manufacturer’s rep in the beauty space
[16:04] How her multi-million company has made more women millionaires
[17:13] Why Forbes calls her “the woman behind the success” of those companies
[20:33] The ideal model that she will look at before working with a client
[23:56] Germaine’s beauty dream come true, and the Ubiquitous Women’s Expo
[33:02] How the death of her mother inspired a journey of starting a skincare brand
[41:25] A bit about the health line products and the purposes they serve
[45:15] The only beauty products that focus on black women
[48:50] Ending the show and call to action
- Women are the gatekeepers to the American culture.
- Don’t be too hard on your younger self. You will always catch up with your destiny along the way.
- A lot of us have passion but lack the boldness to do what it takes to succeed.
- Don’t think about the money. Focus on achieving the objective first, and money will follow.
- Valley moments are necessary as a springboard to higher levels. Sadly, most people want to avoid them.
- Take care of your skin so that it can take care of you later.
- Just like a dragonfly, in life you have to know how to effectively pivot and change courses if necessary.
- The wins happen in the fourth quarter of life.
Connect with Germaine Bolds-Leftridge
iKnow Skincare Website:
GB Sales Website: